Ocimene: Ocimene is a terpene responsible for some of the sweet and herbaceous flavors of certain cannabis strains, and it can also add citrusy and woody undertones. Ocimene is also believed to be a protective agent or part of a plant’s defense mechanism against harmful elements. Studies have shown Ocimene has highly effective anti-inflammatory properties. Ocimene is known to be more prevalent in sativa dominant strains.
- Also found in: hops, kumquats, mangoes, bergamot, lavender, orchids, pepper, mint, parsley, basil, mangoes, orchids, oregano, tarragon, kumquat, allspice, bay laurel
- Aroma: sweet, herbaceous, earthy, hints of citrus
- Effects: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, inhibits diabetes and hypertension enzymes, antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, decongestant, antibacterial, expectorant, inhibits SARS, anti-convulsant
- Recommended Cannabis Strains: White Fire OG, Chocolope, Dutch Treat, Super Lemon Haze, Amnesia, Golden Goat, Strawberry Cough, Chernobyl, Space Queen, OG Kush, Elwyn, Lemon Sour Diesel, Jack Herer, Green Mountain
- Boiling Point:150°F (66°C)
There is so much to learn regarding terpenes & cannabinoids. Bloom medicinals tries to break down the information & help our patients understand the DNA in which their medicine is made of.