Linalool: Found in more than 200 varieties of plants, Linalool is not specific to marijuana. It has a floral aroma that is reminiscent of fresh spring flowers and it’s known its relaxing and sedative properties. Linalool is very volatile and can only be absorbed through inhalation by diffusing essential oils or by direct application of the oil on the body.
Linalool is best known for the popular scent of lavender and provides great value in the production of vitamin E. It is widely used in the perfume industry. It is also used as an insecticide to repel fleas, fruit flies and cockroaches.
Linalool is known to reverses the histopathological properties of Alzheimer’s disease. When applied directly, linalool is reported to have the ability to cure acne and burns on the skin without leaving scars.
- Also found in: lavender, laurel, mint, bergamot, coriander, jasmine, rosewood
- Aroma: floral, citrus, orange, terpy, waxy, rose
- Effects: bronchodilator, anti-anxiety, sedative, anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, sleep aid, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-acne
- Recommended Cannabis Strains: G-13, Amnesia Haze, Lavender, LA Confidential, Grand Daddy Purple, Great White Shark
- Boiling Point: 388.4°F (198°C)
There is so much to learn regarding terpenes & cannabinoids. Bloom medicinals tries to break down the information & help our patients understand the DNA in which their medicine is made of.