Beta-Caryophyllene: Also known as Black Pepper, B-Caryophyllene is one of the most abundant terpenes found in marijuana. B-caryophyllene is the only terpene that is known to act on the endocannabinoid system. It only activates the CB2 receptor and stimulates the anti-inflammatory reaction. B-caryophyllene is present in all types of cannabis terpenes and all resin extracts, making it the most ideal variety for police dogs’ training. When consumed in high doses, B-Caryophyllene can help reduce muscle spasm of the heart.
B-caryophyllene is also one of the most resistant terpenes and provides a reliable defense mechanism for plants. This oil is known for its ability to attract pollinators and repel herbivorous insects. This terpene does not create psychoactive effects because of its non-affinity with the CB1 receptor. The Hash Plant has one of the highest occurrences of B-caryophyllene.
B-caryophyllene is a known terpene. Some users of medicinal marijuana believe that it has relaxing and soothing properties and can be used to effectively stimulate the immune system and treat stress. Because of its ability to activate the CB2 receptors and release anti-pain properties, it is also reported that B-caryophyllene can be used to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis and protect the brain from diseases.
- Also found in: hops, oregano black pepper, cloves, cotton, chamomile, thyme, Thai basil, cinnamon
- Effects: anti-anxiety, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-carcinogenic, gastroprotective, aids arthritis, aids ulcers, treats autoimmune disorders and other gastrointestinal complications
- Aroma: pepper, spicy, woody, cloves, hoppy, woody
- Recommended Cannabis Strains: Hash Plant, Death Star, Sour Bubble, Moon Cookies, Super Silver Haze, Candyland, Lemon G
- Boiling Point: 311°F (155°C) There is so much to learn regarding terpenes & cannabinoids. Bloom medicinals tries to break down the information & help our patients understand the DNA in which their medicine is made of.