One of the joys of being part of the cannabis community is meeting wonderfully talented people. One such woman is Dorothy-Rourke Stiver who has been gracious enough to share her original recipes.
PLEASE NOTE: Dorothy typically uses RSO (Rick Simpson Oil of Full Extract Cannabis Oil) for several reasons:
- It is ready to use; decarboxylation is not necessary
- It is easier to combine with other ingredients
- It is easier on the gastrointestinal system
- Cannabutter or cannaoil made from flower and/or concentrates may be substituted. 1 gram of RSO = 1/4 oz of flower
- MCT oil is processed coconut oil that remains liquid at all times. She buys it from Amazon, but you can buy it at several local stores.
- In all the recipes, if you are new to cannabis usage, please start with 1 syringe or 1 gram of RSO. For those with serious medical conditions or seasoned users, increase the amount.
Dorothy also highly recommends purchasing an Immersion Blender if you plan to make edibles on a regular basis. They are inexpensive and one of the most versatile kitchen tools available.
Pull and Chew Taffy
● 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
● 3 tbsp cornstarch
● 1 cup light corn syrup
● 1 ⅓ cup water
● 2 tbsp softened butter
● 1 tsp salt
● 1 ½ package (9g) black cherry Kool Aid or any unsweetened fruit flavored drink mix will
● ½ tsp vanilla extract
● RSO syringe – amount is personal preference
● Silicon molds
In a medium saucepan, stir together the granulated sugar and cornstarch on medium
heat. Then add corn syrup, water and salt. Melt softened butter separately and then add RSO to
the butter. Be sure they are thoroughly blended together with no floaties or clumps of RSO
present. Stir the melted butter/RSO with all of the ingredients until completely combined.
Then stop stirring, insert the candy thermometer into the pot and let the mixture boil to 250° degrees (or hard ball on the candy thermometer). Be sure to watch it very closely as it turns hard very quickly at the end.
Immediately remove the mixture from heat; if it is cooked too long, it will get too hard.
Carefully stir in vanilla and drink mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture into molds and let cool in the
refrigerator for 30-40 minutes. Once cooled, they are ready to be pulled and chewed!